Glutinous White Rice & Brown Jasmine Rice
Based on personal preference and usage, you can choose between these two types of rice to enjoy their unique characteristics and benefits.
Glutinous White Rice:
- Characteristics: Glutinous white rice has sticky, soft, and chewy grains. When cooked, it often has a sweet flavor.
- Commonly used in Southeast Asian cuisine, glutinous white rice is often used to make desserts such as sweet soups, sticky rice dishes, cakes, and sushi.
- Its high starch content provides energy for the body.
- The fiber in glutinous white rice helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
- It contains vitamin B1 and minerals such as selenium and manganese.
Brown Jasmine Rice:
- Characteristics: Brown jasmine rice has larger grains and a brown color. When cooked, it has a distinctive aroma.
- Brown jasmine rice is more nutritious compared to glutinous white rice as it retains the bran layer of the grain.
- The fiber in brown jasmine rice enhances the digestion process.
- Brown jasmine rice provides more vitamins and minerals than glutinous white rice, including vitamin B1, vitamin E, and selenium.
- The natural fragrance of brown jasmine rice enhances the appeal of dishes.